Having spent much of the last week lurking on my sofa battling an
unpleasant bug, I have had plenty of time to consider what it is that
I like about going out with LCV. So, here goes:
- The weather's never as bad as it looks from inside. And
anyway, there's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong
- Very few things can cheer you up as much as fresh air,
exercise and the sight of some greenery.
- All good things involve free tea and biscuits and tea
tastes better when it's been a battle to make it.
- The least attractive bit of scrubby grassland can hide the
most surprising things, if you know where to look.
- LCVers are great people. Whether it's reacting cheerfully
to the nocturnal ramblings of neighbouring hostellers or
failing to be daunted by the sight of snow, LCVers have a
refreshing enthusiasm for giving each other a helping hand and
getting stuck in regardless.
There you have it. I like LCV people. I think they do great things and
that the coming quarter will be no exception. Let's have some fun.