Sticky Toffee Pudding
A British classic. Both tasty and highly calorific!
Serve with custard, ice cream
or creme fraiche.
- 150g dark muscovado sugar
- 260g self-raising flour
- 180ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 75g melted butter
- 300g chopped dates
- 300g dark muscovado sugar
- 40g butter
- 750ml boiling water
- Heat oven to 190C / Gas Mark 5.
- Butter a 2.5l flat pudding dish - a baking tray will
do at a pinch.
- Beat the eggs, butter and vanilla into the milk,
then stir into the premixed flour and sugar, then fold in the dates.
- Spread the mix into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle over the remaining sugar, and put some
small nobs of the butter on top.
- Pour the boiling water over the top - trust me.
- Cook for 45-55 mins until the top is cooked, with
the sticky sauce underneath.