Sponge Pudding with chocolate sauce.
As of 21st March 2022 all major restrictions have been
lifted. Our task programme will continue as
From 1st April we have significantly increased the number of
volunteers permitted in our minibus. We hope this will make it easier for you
to come on task with us. In line with guidance for public
transport, face masks are encouraged but are no longer required.
Lateral flow testing is no longer generally available.
As before, volunteers who are experiencing symptoms should not
Summer or winter, chocolate pudding is always a treat. Used with
success on Lewis and Ben Lawers resis.
- 370g self-raising flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4tbsp cocoa
- 300g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 400ml milk
- 400ml sunflower oil
- 200g plain chocolate
water - approximately - adjust for desired consistency.
- 30g butter
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 150C / Gas Mark 2. Grease two
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together into a
mixing bowl and make a well in the centre
- Pour the beaten eggs into the well with the syrup,
milk and oil
- Gradually draw in the dry ingredients and beat to a
- Pour into prepared basins and bake for 30 - 40
minutes until springy to the touch and a knife comes out clean
- Break up the chocolate and place it in a pan with
the water, syrup and butter.
- Cook over low heat until chocolate melts, then beat
in vanilla essence. Serve hot.