Sponge Pudding with chocolate sauce.
Summer or winter, chocolate pudding is always a treat. Used with
success on Lewis and Ben Lawers resis.
- 370g self-raising flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4tbsp cocoa
- 300g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 400ml milk
- 400ml sunflower oil
- 200g plain chocolate
water - approximately - adjust for desired consistency.
- 30g butter
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 150C / Gas Mark 2. Grease two
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together into a
mixing bowl and make a well in the centre
- Pour the beaten eggs into the well with the syrup,
milk and oil
- Gradually draw in the dry ingredients and beat to a
- Pour into prepared basins and bake for 30 - 40
minutes until springy to the touch and a knife comes out clean
- Break up the chocolate and place it in a pan with
the water, syrup and butter.
- Cook over low heat until chocolate melts, then beat
in vanilla essence. Serve hot.