A favourite that needs no introduction.
- 6 cooking apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 6 oz self-raising flour
- 9 oz soft brown sugar
- 9 oz margarine
- 9 oz porridge oats
- 1.5 level teaspoons salt
- 3 level teaspoons ground cinnamon
- generous splash of lemon juice
- Place the sliced apple in a greased oven
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan and add it to
the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Stir the mixture, then place it
evenly over the apples.
- Bake in a hot oven - Gas Mark 6/200oC - until nice
- Will probably take about 30 mins to cook but
this varies on the thickness of the apples and quality of the oven!